This solar pump kit features a battery back up so it will run after the sun goes down or on cloudy days. It is designed for a outdoor fountain, pond or water reservoir. The solar panel powers the pump and charges the battery by converting sunlight into electricity powering the fountain. Water will push up to 56 inches high when you make your own outdoor solar fountain. The included LED light gives you just the right light at night as well. The dry run protection pump will automatically turn pump off when the water level gets too low or runs out to avoid burn out of the pump. The included LEDs only work at night and will turn on/off automatically
Water flow is 132 GPH with maximum lift of 56" when a 1/2" tube is connected and conditions are optimal. The pump comes with adapters so you can make your own pond fountain or convert an electric pump to a solar pump. The pump and adapters fit the inside diameter of a hose that is 1/2".
This pump can operate on solar power when set to the "On" position. In good sunlight conditions, the pump will be powered by solar energy. In addition, the battery pack will be recharged via solar energy. If it is a cloudy day or night time the battery can run the pump. Simply press the battery on/off button to run on battery power. If fully charged, the batteries will power the pump for up to 4 hours. When the batteries are depleted, you can press the battery on/off button to switch to sun power. The pump will then be powered by the solar panel, and the pump will resume running when the sun comes out.
The battery generally lasts between 12-18 months, but with repeated charges and discharge cycles the battery will become less efficient and battery capacity may reduce. If the battery does appear less efficient you may try and boost charge it. In order to boost charge the battery you must leave off for 2-3 sunny days to allow maximum charge to the battery. If the boost charge does not help the battery than you will need to replace it.
Ships in 1-2 Business Days
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Pump size: 3 1/2" long x 1 1/4" high by 1 3/4" wide
- Solar panel size: 11.5"H x 8" W x 1" Thick
- 6-10 V DC Brushless Pump with 16' cable
- 2 different fountain spray heads and 3 extension tubes are included (2 3/4" each)
- Needs direct sunlight to run during day and store energy in battery pack
- Fully stored energy in battery pack will run pump for up to 4 hours
- 5 W Solar Panel with ground spike
- Battery generally lasts between 12-18 months
- LED light turns on/off at night automatically
- Operate in freshwater only
- Never connect the pump to any AC voltage power, it is intended ONLY for DC voltage